I was going to make a video for this, but considering I haven’t edited the last video I shot, I figured typing it out would be easier. Am I the only one who spends all day in front of a computer screen (two, actually) and doesn’t want to spend her evenings in front of one, too?
Anyway, here’s the short list of my current favorites:
- Nirvana Bourbon | $25 @ Sephora: This perfume is musky and mysterious in all the ways I want a man to be. It does have a cologne vibe versus a floral scent, but that’s what I typically go for. I only purchased the roller because I needed to wear it and make sure it wouldn’t give me a headache before I spent $$ on a bottle of it. But it’s 10/10 worth every penny. Other Elizabeth & James scents include Nirvana Black, Nirvana White and Nirvana Rose.
- Point Joggers | $19.99 @ Uniqlo: I feel like an asshole even mentioning these because they are currently out of stock (all colors/sizes) but I think that only further proves how incredible they are. I have to again thank my pal Brooke Lyn for introducing me to these. She snapped me a photo of her wearing them and within 20 minutes I had ordered a pair. Once they arrived and I tried them on, I ordered another pair before I even took the first pair off.
- Nyx Studio Perfect Photo-Loving Primer | $12.99 @ Target: The first time I purchased primer, I spent $40 on a bottle from MAC and I thought, “THERE HAS TO BE A CHEAPER WAY TO DO THIS.” Since then I’ve tried primers from CoverGirl, Maybelline, and elf until I found this one. I buy the green one because it’s anti-redness, but it also comes in clear and purple (anti-dull skin).
- Bronx Colors Skinny Mascara | $9.99 @ Ulta: Mascara is a necessary evil, if you ask me. I have never, ever found a brand I actually like; I’ve only ever found ones that I will tolerate. But this teeny, tiny wand makes all the difference. IMO, the bigger the wand, the bigger the mess (that’s what she said) (but really). Currently, this brand is only sold online through Ulta.
- John Mayer | Okay, so, I didn’t buy John Mayer. But man oh man, I would if I could. Or, I would pay at least $100 dollars to run my hands through his hair just once. He’s releasing his new album, The Search for Everything, in waves—the first two are out now, with the complete album being released on April 14th. My favorite songs so far are “Helpless” and “Moving On and Getting Over” but truthfully, I love them all.
Tell me about some of your current favorites!
PS: If you haven't already, scroll down to the bottom of this page to sign up for email notifications. I'll send you a note every time something is posted here. And in the future I plan to send some ~bonus material~ to this list. You know, the shit I don't want exes and coworkers to read.