- Turn off my phone for an extended period of time. Power down. It feels great.
- Sit in absolute silence. Most of the time, on the floor in my living room. Just close your eyes so you don't notice all of the dust and dirt on the floor, therefore adding to your stress level.
- Watch YouTube videos of Jenna Marbles attempting to color/cut/style her hair. There's no logical explanation, but I find these videos incredibly relaxing.
- Other videos I find relaxing: anything with a kitten, fashion illustrations at 3x the normal speed, candy making (!!) and gag reels. Also, random clips of Keeping up with the Kardashians.
- Tell people I don't want to talk about it. I'm lucky to have a good group of people I can reach out to when something is bothering me. But I'm even luckier that they are understanding when I'm not ready or interested in talking about something. Endless love and constant boundaries, right?
- Remember the following cliche sayings: There's an ebb and flow to everything. Everyone is going through something. This too shall fucking pass.
Tell me what you do when you're feeling stressed or overwhelmed.