Let's be real here: there's not much from school that I a) remember and b) found useful. I know we all joke about learning math but never having to use it, except that's not a joke and I almost graduated without a Regents diploma because of it.
ANYWAY, enough about my poor math skills.
- Under no circumstances should you ever put a bra in the dryer.
- You can do everything right and still come up empty.
- Your cover letter is more important that your resume.
- Thin Mints are better if they are kept in the freezer.
- Your period is only going to get worse with age - hooray!
- Don't let other people make you feel bad for not living your life the way they live theirs.
- Don't take shit about things you like - a particular band, a movie, a TV show, yellow Starburst. Unless you like The Big Bang Theory, in which case, do you know what real comedy is?
- You can (and should) say no to people. You know your limits better than anyone else.
- Listen to your friends and family, but rarely take anyone's advice.
- Happy tears are a thing. Sad tears are obviously a thing. Drunk tears are definitely a thing. But the I'm so fucking frustrated all I can do is cry tears are by far the most surprising thing I've learned about in the fourteen (14) years I've been out of school.
I told you mine, now tell me yours.